01 March 2010

One of My Favorite Days of the Year


My girl's birthday is today, and she still looks pretty much like she did when I took this picture long ago, except that she is a lot taller and smiles almost constantly now. I also love March 1 because it seems so much closer to spring and to garden season, which my kids adore and can't wait to start with me every year. So much has happened this winter, not much of it very good, but seeing hints of green in the valleys and the first signs of bulbs appearing (in other people's yards; I keep thinking I'll be moving on and so don't plant them where I live... going on 2.5 years now...) and hearing new bird songs lift my heart and make me hopeful that a new season of growth and beauty is emerging.

Happy birthday, "baby" girl, and get your garden gloves ready....

2 comments:

KeLLy aNN said...

Happy Birthday! My son makes 9 on March 2. He loves gardening also.

Paula In Pinetop said...

this is really lovely