07 February 2011

Mosaic Monday: Flight Patterns


Mosaic Monday has really helped me stretch my creative... uh, wings -- no pun intended, really -- because not only do I get to think of a theme but I also get to go through my photographs and see if I can improve any of them. I was surprised to see how few bird photos I've taken because I absolutely love birds, in all art forms, and while I know they can be difficult to photograph I see now that I need to make it a point to try whenever possible and figure out the challenges. Here are a few of my favorite bird photos, three shot in 2010 and one, the cranes up top, actually shot back in early 2007 with my wonderful Konica-Minolta point-and-shoot. I tried the same shot with my Nikon D3000 in November 2010 and got far inferior results because this otherwise decent entry-level SLR does poorly in low light. If I hadn't scratched the KM's lens I'd probably still be using it because it was an excellent camera. In any case, I can't wait to begin chronicling the spring migrations and capturing some of our fair-weather friends. Lucky them, hiding out in warmer climes during this bone-chilling winter.

7 comments:

Lisa Gordon said...

This is just fantastic Anna!
Beautiful work on this one.

Heidi Post said...

What gorgeous photos! Those blue birds are the most beautiful intense shade of blue! I recently posted some pictures of myself holding various birds on my blog. Birds are the best :)

Brenda Salzano said...

Lovely and inspirational photos! I love birds too, not a avid bird watcher where I have to determine what each on is, but just love to watch them and admire them. Not to mention, the singing of birds make my day brighter!

Anja said...

I understand you so well, recently I also thought the same as you. Birds are so often difficult to catch with camera. Nice mosaic!

Pondside said...

Beautiful photos. We'll soon see the return of the hummingbirds up here.

My Dream Canvas said...

This is lovely. I am hosting a Giveaway on my blog and would love for you to stop by.

Mary said...

Omigosh Anna, these are gorgeous shots! Thanks so much for sharing your talent at MM. :)