15 February 2011

Mosaic Monday: Art from the Heart


Art from the Heart, image mosaic by Anna Lear/The Laughing Raven;
individual pieces by various artists as noted
Okay, so maybe I'm not a fan of Valentine's Day, but I love hearts! For this week's Mosaic Monday (a day late again...) I'm showcasing hearts in several media... well, mostly glass, I guess, which isn't a surprise because I love glass almost as much as I love hearts. Commonly used to represent love, passion, and strong emotions in general, the heart symbol is thought to have evolved from pre-Christian depictions of leaves that over time evolved into the current shape and became associated not only with romantic love but also passion of all sorts, including religious passion. A more recent (I think) trend is hearts with wings, which I especially love because they seem to say, set your passions free and beautiful things will happen. I bid you all a sparkling day.

2 comments:

Anja said...

I was wondering whether you made some of these hearts in your mosaic. Thank you for sharing!

Lisa Oceandreamer Swifka said...

your work is lovely...actually it's more than that...it's stunning! I am trying to get around to see the blogs who participated in OWOH bit by bit because I just didn't get to them sadly DURING the event. I hope you will be a part of the brand new event next year.
I love how you used beads in your mosaic!
Cheers,
Lisa

www.awhimsicalbohemian.typepad.com