03 April 2010

April Showers

April Showers, Wirewrapped Apatite and Peridot Necklace
I seem to have made this wirewrapped bail (adapted from an Eni Oken tutorial) a standard focal builder because it works for so many kinds of beads, from gemstone to glass, polished to rough. This piece uses a rough apatite crystal from Mexico, one of a handful gifted to me by Two Cranes' Dean Crane, and although the photo doesn't show it well this specimen has some beautiful fluorescence inside. I put this pendant on a necklace of peridot, crystal quartz, and sterling silver and finished it with a clasp using a Creekmore-Durham glass button. It will be for sale in my Etsy shop soon, along with four other necklaces I've made this week.

That's it for now; after several cold, windy days we finally have nice weather, so although I'm under the weather and can't garden, outside I go for a spot of sunshine. Happy Easter to all who celebrate it!

No comments: