14 October 2010

Feeling Prickly

Thistle at sundown, Magdalena, NM, Oct. 2010
The autumn light continues to entrance me; I've always noticed and enjoyed how the light changes as the sun "falls" toward its Winter Solstice, but now that I'm doing photography again, I am immersed in it and am fascinated by how it changes everything. The sun's lower angle illuminates new landscape details and highlights things I hadn't noticed all summer... and someday I'll have developed my landscape photography skills enough to really capture this (to my liking). In the meantime, here are some of my usual (but, of course, none the less lovely, to me at least) closeups of some beautiful "residents" of this landscape. I'm feeling prickly these days, a feeling always soothed by a long hike, so these seem especially appropriate right now... I hope you're all enjoying autumn, too, and would love to see your visions of it.

Cacti near Kelly, NM, Oct. 2010

2 comments:

KeLLy aNN said...

That's Beautiful! I want hair like that! "}

Anna said...

Hi Anna,

I added some pictures of fall in Alberta to my blog. Here is the link to my blog:
http://anna-westernwind.blogspot.com/2010/10/autumn-in-alberta.html

I am new to blogging so the site is quite new and under construction.

cheers
Anna