22 October 2009

Bluebird of Happiness




I moved my jewelry (and mosaic) studio back home, since this is where I spend most of my time these days, and my jewelry mojo finally seems to have found its way back home, too. Today I felt compelled to take a break from my very busy coursework schedule to do something with these exquisite kyanite spears I got a while back, and they seemed a natural fit for this sweet bird gifted to me last year by my dear friend Conne. Along with the kyanite I used Thai silver, Swarovski crystals, and cultured pearls, and I added two crystal quartz briolettes to the bird charm set. Matching earrings will come soon, when I have money to order more earwires.

I have had the kyanite and the bird for quite a while now and realized today that I've been saving them for... what? It occurs to me that I do that with life in general: I'll take that risk, go out, wear the beautiful scarf or those kick-ass boots or that wonderful necklace someday, on a "special occasion." Why do I not ever seem to consider now special enough? Now is what I have -- now is all I have. So today, now, I created something beautiful instead of "saving" it for some later time that may never come. It's a start. In fact, kyanite was a good choice for this new focus: this stone is thought to bring tranquility, enhance communication, and support meditation and clarity of mind and words. Consider me clarified...

No comments: