06 January 2008

I'm back


Welcome to my revamped jewelry blog -- I'm going through a divorce and have had to change my business name (since "Sanchez" was my married name), so I figured I'd make a fresh start here and on my Etsy shop.

I have only been working sporadically on my jewelry in the past few months; stress has shorted out my creativity, I suppose. Also, just before the divorce got nasty I was getting the knack for (and completely addicted to) stone grinding and polishing -- and then my ex took away the Dremel set he'd given me for my birthday. (Yep, he sucks.)

But I can feel the creative energy stirring; although I seem to spend most of my time at the workbench staring at the materials, once in a while something cool starts to assemble itself right in front of my eyes... so I know it's just a matter of time before something like this dragonfly necklace (of bone, three varieties of garnet, handmade glass, and other treasures from my stash), which I made last summer, appears on that black velvet workpad.

No comments: